- The client wanted to maximize revenue for a new product by selling into a new application area.
- They did not know if this was a viable strategy.
- We determined the value proposition for the new offering and the potential market size.
- We assessed he competitive landscape and highlighted likely responses
- We determined the key barriers to entry including workflow, intellectual property, brand strength, and resource requirements.
- We proposed several scenarios and their risks and benefits.
- The client realized that they would probably not achieve their goals in this new segment.
- They decided to focus solely on the current market segment and efficiently use their resources where the profits were more likely.